Continuing with the exercise of sharing an easily digestible and smaller version of the main updates of the day in the world of AI.
Zoom's Affordable AI Competes with Microsoft & Google
- Zoom has announced the launch of Zoom Docs, a collaboration-focused “modular workspace” with built-in AI collaboration features. The platform integrates Zoom’s AI Companion, which can generate new content or populate documents from other sources.
- Users can ask the AI Companion to summarize meetings, chats, and information, and the platform supports interdocument linking and embedding. Zoom AI Companion is included in the price of paid subscription plans, making it a cheaper option compared to Microsoft and Google’s AI tools.
Google Deepmind scaling up the learning for robotics
- Researchers of Deepmind have created a dataset called Open X-Embodiment, which combines data from 22 different types of robots. They also developed a robotics transformer (RT) model called RT-1-X, trained on this dataset, that can transfer skills across various robot types.
- The Open X-Embodiment dataset and RT-1-X model are now available to the research community, with the aim of advancing cross-embodiment research and transforming the way robots are trained.
OpenAI unlocking new careers in AI/ML research
- OpenAI launching Residency program, that helps exceptional researchers and engineers from different fields gain the necessary skills and knowledge to transition into the AI and machine learning space.
- It is ideal for only for researchers specializing in fields like mathematics, physics, or neuroscience, as well as talented software engineers looking to work in AI research.
- Residents work on real AI problems with OpenAI’s Research teams and receive a full salary during the program.
LinkedIn rolls out new AI tools, powered by OpenAI
- The motive is to enhance learning, recruitment, marketing, and sales. Its unveiling features such as AI assistance in its Recruiter talent sourcing platform, an AI-powered LinkedIn Learning coach, and an AI-powered tool for marketing campaigns. Also including AI-powered writing suggestions and AI-created job descriptions.
Arc browser is reveals AI features called Arc Max, which combine OpenAI's GPT-3.5 and Anthropic's models.
- Users can converse with ChatGPT, rename pinned tabs and downloaded files, and get a summary preview of links. These features can be accessed through the command bar and users can choose which ones to enable.
- The Browser Company experimented with contextual AI features, including automatic notetaking and customizable page elements, but these didn’t make the final list. The company will gather feedback on the five features in Arc Max to determine which ones to keep after 90 days.
Spotify is reportedly developing AI-generated playlists that users can create using prompts
- Existing AI models like Dall-E 2 and Stable Diffusion often struggle to render text clearly. Ideogram’s technology allows users to create images with text that is legible and easy to read. This innovation could have significant applications in various industries, such as advertising and design.
An AI algorithm has proven to be more effective than humans at detecting problematic images in research papers
- The algorithm, which takes just seconds to scan a paper for duplicated images, identified almost all of the suspect papers that a human biologist had identified, as well as additional ones that the biologist had missed.