Continuing with the exercise of sharing an easily digestible and smaller version of the main updates of the day in the world of AI.
CEO of Apple Tim Cook confirms, Apple is working on ChatGPT-style AI + more
- The company is also expecting to hire more AI staff in the UK. AI is already integrated into Apple products, such as the Apple Watch’s Fall Detection and Crash Detection features.
- Apple is planning to upgrade its search engine in the App Store and potentially develop a Google competitor “Pegasus”. Its being integrated into iOS and macOS, with the possibility of using gen AI tools to enhance it further.
- Apple’s Spotlight search feature already allows users to search for web results, app details, and documents.
Humane Inc has unveiled its first AI device, ‘Humane Ai Pin’
- The device uses sensors for natural and intuitive interactions. It does not need to be paired with a smartphone and features AI-powered optical recognition and a laser-projected display.
- The full capabilities of the Humane Ai Pin will be revealed on November 9.
OpenAI’s DALL-E 3 is now publicly available on Bing for free
- The previous technology preview of DALL-E lacked protections against malicious use, but DALL-E 3 has implemented guardrails. Paid customers of OpenAI’s ChatGPT Plus and Enterprise products are expected to get access first.
Google focuses more on AI in Pixel 8 phone
- A leaked Google ad showcases new AI features: Best Take, a feature that allows users to swap faces into images from other pictures.
- The Pixel 8 event is set to take place on October 4th, but there have already been numerous leaks about the phone.
- The ad also highlights the process of transferring data to a Pixel 8 and mentions other AI features like Magic Eraser.
Google's Bard is set to introduce a new feature called ``Memory``
- It will allow it to remember important details about users and personalize its responses. Currently, each conversation with Bard starts from scratch, but with Memory, the AI will be able to account for specific details shared by users and use them to improve future results.
Wikipedia testing an AI-powered ChatGPT Plus plugin
- To improve knowledge access on the platform. The plugin searches and summarizes Wikipedia information for user queries, aiming to enhance user engagement and content quality.
- The foundation hopes to gauge user engagement, potential contributors, and AI content quality through this initiative. This effort is part of its Annual Plan to enhance access to free knowledge on Wikipedia by facilitating the connection between readers and editors.
Walmart helping shoppers with AI
- AI can help customers visualize products in their homes or on their bodies, as well as provide recommendations for products. It also help in creating three-dimensional objects from still photos, saving time and money in the creation process. Walmart is open to using different AI technologies and aims to be neutral in its approach. The company has been using chatbots for customer service and transactions since 2020.