Continuing with the exercise of sharing an easily digestible and smaller version of the main updates of the day in the world of AI.
Amazon to invest up to $4 billion in Anthropic, expanding access to safer AI
- It is part of a broader collaboration to develop the most reliable and high-performing foundation models. Anthropic’s frontier safety research and products, together with AWS’s expertise in running secure, reliable infrastructure, will make Anthropic’s safe and steerable AI widely accessible to AWS customers.
Meta’s AI chatbot plan includes a ‘sassy robot’ for younger users
- Meta has plans to develop dozens of chatbot personas geared towards engaging young users with more colorful behavior. It also includes ones for celebrities to interact with their fans and some more geared towards productivity, such as to help with coding and other tasks.
LongLoRA: Efficient fine-tuning of long-context LLMs
- New research has introduced LongLoRA, an efficient fine-tuning method designed to extend the context sizes of pre-trained LLMs without a huge computation cost. In practical terms, LongLoRA performed strongly on various tasks using LLaMA-2 models ranging from 7B/13B to 70B. Notably, it extended LLaMA-2 7B from 4k context to 100k and LLaMA-2 70B to 32k on a single 8x A100 machine, all while keeping the original model architectures intact.
Microsoft’s mobile keyboard app SwiftKey gains new AI-powered features
- It will now include AI camera lenses, AI stickers, an AI-powered editor, and the ability to create AI images from the app.
Google Pixel 8’s latest leak shows off big AI camera updates
- AI photo editing with Magic Editor will enable you to remake any picture you take. DSLR-style manual camera controls will let you tweak the shutter speed and ISO of an image and a focus slider.
A drinks company in Poland appoints AI robot as 'experimental’ CEO
- Dictador, best known for its rums, has appointed the robot to oversee the company’s growth into one-off collectables, communication, or even strategy planning. It is named Mika.
ElevenLabs launches free book classics narrated by high-quality AI voices
- It presents six classic stories told by compelling AI voices in multiple languages, including “Winnie the Pooh” and “The Picture of Dorian Gray.” The entire recording process took only one day.
Salesforce to acquire Airkit.ai, a low-code platform for building AI customer service agents
- The GPT-4-based platform allows e-commerce companies to build specialized customer service chatbots that can deal with queries around order status, refunds, product information, and more.