Continuing with the exercise of sharing an easily digestible and smaller version of the main updates of the day in the world of AI.
AWS has announced 5 major generative AI updates and innovations
- Amazon Bedrock is now generally available.
- Amazon Titan Embeddings is now generally available.
- Meta’s Llama 2 is coming to Amazon Bedrock in the next few weeks.
- New Amazon CodeWhisperer capability is coming soon, will allow customers to securely customize CodeWhisperer suggestions using their private code base to unlock new levels of developer productivity.
- New generative BI authoring capabilities in Amazon QuickSight to help business analysts easily create and customize visuals using natural-language commands.
Meta introduces LLAMA 2 Long
- In new research, Meta presents a series of long-context LLMs that support effective context windows of up to 32,768 tokens. The model series are built through continual pretraining from Llama 2 with longer training sequences and on a dataset where long texts are up sampled. Notably, the 70B variant can already surpass gpt-3.5-turbo-16k’s overall performance on a suite of long-context tasks. Check out the research for more interesting findings!
Google announces Google-Extended and expands access to SGE
- Google-Extended will let web publishers control access to content on their site for training Google’s AI models. And Google has opened up access to SGE in Search Labs to more people, specifically teens in the U.S., so they too can benefit from generative AI’s helpful capabilities.
Spotify is adding auto-generated transcripts to millions of podcasts
- The transcript feature will expand to more podcasters on Spotify and include time-synced text. In the future, creators could add media to transcripts– a useful feature if a creator is describing an image on the show, for example.
Zapier launches Canvas, an AI-powered flowchart tool
- The tool aims to help its users plan and diagram their business-critical processes with a bit of AI to help them turn those processes into Zapier-based automations. Canvas is now in early access.
Microsoft opens AI Co-Innovation Lab in San Francisco to empower Bay Area startups
- The lab’s main goal is to facilitate the transition from ideation to prototyping, providing companies with the resources and guidance they need to refine their AI-based concepts.
Cohere jumps into the fray of the AI chatbot race by releasing a new API
- The Chat API with Retrieval-Augmented Generation (RAG) will allow third-party developers of other enterprises to build powerful chat applications based off Cohere’s proprietary generative LLM, Command.
Mayo Clinic to deploy and test Microsoft generative AI tools
- Mayo Clinic is among the first healthcare organizations to deploy Microsoft 365 Copilot. It is testing the Early Access Program with hundreds of its clinical staff, doctors, and healthcare workers.