Continuing with the exercise of sharing an easily digestible and smaller version of the main updates of the day in the world of AI.
OpenAI eyes $90B valuation and dives into AI hardware
- OpenAI is in discussions to sell shares, a move that would boost the company’s valuation from $29 billion to somewhere between $80-$90 billion.
- Apple’s former design chief, Jony Ive, and OpenAI CEO, Sam Altman have been reportedly discussing building a new AI hardware device. It is unclear what the device would be or if they will build it, but the duo has been discussing what new hardware for the AI age could look like.
Vectara launches Boomerang, the next-gen LLM redefining GenAI accuracy
- Outpacing major competitors, Boomerang sets a new benchmark in Grounded Generative AI for business applications, mitigating hallucinations and copyright concerns, minimizing bias, enhancing explainability, and broadening cross-lingual reach.
Google's 25-year AI legacy guides its future AI innovations
- On its 25th birthday, Google reflected on its two-and-a-half decades of pioneering achievements in the field of AI. It started in 2001 using a simple ML to suggest better spellings for web searches. A standout moment in 2023 was the introduction of PaLM 2 and Gemini. It is now looking forward to these models driving the next quarter-century of its AI advancements.
SAP launches its own enterprise AI assistant, Joule
- Built into the entirety of SAP’s extensive cloud enterprise suite, Joule will allow customers to access it across SAP apps and programs, similar to Microsoft’s new Windows Copilot. It will also be available across computing platforms, on desktop and mobile.
Microsoft uses AI to boost Windows 11 security, pushes for passwordless future
- It announced new enterprise security features that use AI to help defend Windows 11 against increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks. The new AI capabilities may reduce security incidents by 60% and firmware attacks by 300%.
Shopify releases SDXL background replacement tool for product imagery
- It is a super helpful tool that can create a whole new reality around your product. Its public HF Space is under the official Shopify account.
Infosys ties with Microsoft for industry-wide adoption of generative AI
- The collaboration aims to develop AI solutions, leveraging Infosys Topaz, Azure OpenAI Service, and Azure Cognitive Services. The integrated solutions will enhance enterprise functions and accelerate the democratization of data and intelligence.
Hollywood studios can train AI models on writers’ work under tentative deal
- Writers are expected to be guaranteed credit and compensation for work they do on scripts, even if studios partially use AI tools.