Sharing an easily digestible and smaller version of the main updates of the day in the world of AI.
Google’s AI for hyper-personalized Maps Routes
- Google and DeepMind have built an AI algorithm to make route suggestions in Google Maps more personalized. It includes 360 million parameters and uses real driving data from Maps users to analyze what factors they consider when making route decisions.
- The approach uses Inverse Reinforcement Learning (IRL), which learns from user behavior, and Receding Horizon Inverse Planning (RHIP), which uses different AI techniques for short- and long-distance travel. Tests show that RHIP improves the accuracy of suggested routes for two-wheelers by 16 to 24 percent.
The rise and potential of LLM-based Agents
- Probably the most comprehensive overview of LLM-based agents, this survey covers everything from how to construct these agents to how to harness them for good. It also delves into the origin of AI agents, their fit with LLMs, and outlines a framework that can be tailored to suit different applications.
AI makes it easy to personalize 3D-printable models
- MIT researchers developed a generative AI-driven tool that enables the user to add custom design elements to 3D models without compromising the functionality of the fabricated objects. A designer could use this tool, called Style2Fab, to personalize 3D models of objects using only natural language prompts to describe their desired design. The user could then fabricate the objects with a 3D printer.
Meta is prepping world’s first AI-powered holiday season
- It is prepping marketers for an AI holiday season with the launch of automated budget scheduling and bid multipliers to help make the most out of ad campaigns.
Anthropic and BCG form a new alliance to deliver enterprise AI to clients
- This will give BDG’s clients direct access to Claude 2 and Anthropic’s AI tech for use across different strategic solutions.
Generative AI is just a phase. What’s next is interactive AI, says DeepMind’s cofounder
- Mustafa Suleyman wants to build a chatbot that does much more than chat. Bots that can carry out tasks you set for them by calling on other software and other people to get stuff done.